Verite is a non-profit news organization with a mission to produce in-depth journalism that serves New Orleans, and educates, develops, and mentors a new generation of minority journalists to diversify the field at large. Through these pillars of quality, representative journalism and field-wide newsroom diversification, Verite will serve as a platform for the unheard and overlooked voices that make up our local cultural, social, and political fabric. We will elevate the stories, experiences, challenges, and contributions of communities of color in the New Orleans area and invite instrumental voices to the table, creating a launching pad for diverse journalistic talent.
To that end, Verite is seeking a creative and collaborative Digital Marketing & SEO Manager to develop and manage data-driven digital marketing and SEO campaigns.
Job Title: Digital Marketing & SEO Manager
Reports to: Editor-in-chief
The Digital Marketing & SEO Manager will work collaboratively with the business and editorial teams to develop campaigns to enhance audience and revenue growth as well as to support Verite’s overall social impact mission.
This is a special opportunity to experience enormous professional growth in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment led by an exceptional leadership team committed to Verité’s mission.
Digital Marketing Campaign Management
Partner with Verite newsroom and business functions in the development and project management (briefing, tracking, and delivery) of all digital marketing campaigns.
- Collaborate with editorial leads to maintain a consistent copy and creative messaging on the Verite site as well as on other social, email, and newsletter assets.
- Project manage with Verite’s marketing agency and product team to ensure successful end-to-end campaign set-up, deployment, and QA.
- Assist with marketing strategy development.
- Own end-to-end digital marketing campaign execution from set-up to QA, with a keen focus on acquisition and retention.
- Manage campaign measurement, reporting, and analysis against relevant KPIs and goals. Communicate channel and campaign performance to cross-functional partners.
- Keep a finger on the pulse of the competitive and market landscape to help identify and recommend marketing opportunities and challenges.
- Assist with ad-hoc written and analytical requests.
- Maintain internal marketing campaign calendar.
Lead and develop SEO initiatives that inform and support digital marketing campaigns as well as Verite’s overall mission and strategic growth objectives.
- Regularly meet with business and editorial leaders to provide SEO performance analysis and audit results, propose improvements/alternative approaches and discuss strategic and tactical SEO plans
- Evangelize the importance of SEO in all areas of the business through regular SEO/editorial training, new best practice documentation, and wider team presentations
- Apply ongoing management of SEO campaigns including writing meta content, supervising SEO-friendly page construction, researching and creating target keyword lists, improving site structure, improving link architecture, etc.
- Work closely with the editorial team members to create SEO content strategies for existing and new content
- Document strategy for major events and tentpole topics and conduct post-analysis afterward
- Lead ad hoc SEO projects to support Verité and the centralized Deep South Today SEO team
Experience and Skills:
Overall, this role might be a fit if you have demonstrated experience in developing and managing digital marketing and SEO campaigns and …
- Have exceptional written and verbal communication skills and is at ease communicating across teams and different levels within an organization
- Have a “can do” attitude with an entrepreneurial mindset and be comfortable working in a dynamic, unstructured environment on projects
- Have knowledge of customer segmentation, and have a solid understanding of test design, measurement, and analysis.
- Adept in strategic thinking and analytics with a passion for innovation and creative problem solving
- Strong analytical skills (particularly with Excel / Google Sheets, Google Analytics, DOMO) and the ability to leverage data for insights and action
- High-impact leadership skills, including setting a clear vision and strategy, motivating and coaching others, driving urgency and results
We know not all strong candidates will have all the skills we list. That’s OK. What else do you bring to the table? Please tell us!
Compensation and Benefits: To be determined
Verité is dedicated to equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees. Verité encourages people of all races, colors, national origins, ancestries, creeds, religions, genders, ages, disabilities, veteran status, sexual orientations, and marital statuses to apply. Please send resume, contact info and links or attachments to relevant work product to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Help inform our coverage as we build a newsroom for and by the people of New Orleans:
Please take a few minutes to share your thoughts with us by answering each question.